U.S. SOCCER NATIONAL "E" LICENSE
*Beginning in January of 2012, U.S. Soccer has updated the curriculum of the "E" coaching course to change from a "Certificate" to a "License." CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE U.S. SOCCER COACHING WEBSITE.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW CURRENT COURSE SCHEDULE & REGISTRATIONS
U.S. Soccer Coaching certification begins at the state level. The National “E” is an 18-hour course, which covers the elementary principles of coaching and prepare interested coaches for the “D” license course.
The National “E” course is only administered and instructed by State Soccer Associations.
What is the “E” License?
- Develop the core coaching competencies necessary to effectively teach the 9-12 year old athlete and team
- Understand the characteristics and needs of an athlete in the Basic Stage of our Long Term Athlete Development Model
- Establish a foundation of knowledge and experience in order to proceed through the sequence of coaching development courses
What are the specific target outcomes of the course?
*Host organizations and participating coaches are encouraged to provide U9-U12 players for the course.
- Understand and effectively apply the principles of Long Term Athlete Development
- Demonstrate competency in planning an age-appropriate training session
- Demonstrate the essential competencies to execute a team training session that is focused on a technical function of the game
- Understand concepts and recognize the principles of attacking and defending in a small-sided game environment (3v3 to 9 v 9 adaptable to local competition structure)