April 24, 2020
New guidelines have been provided from health and governmental organizations and with that context, we’ve reviewed what further action we should take. As many of you know the amount of cases of Covid-19 has increased in Kansas and now cases of community spread of the virus. As such Governor Laura Kelly has closed all school buildings for the rest of the academic year and issued a Stay at Home Order for the state until at least May 3, 2020 while also continuing to avoid gatherings of 10 or more people.
Effective today 4/24/2020 Kansas Youth Soccer is amending its decision by mandating that all KSYSA sanctioned activities within our association be immediately suspended through May 15th, 2020 as per the guidance of US Youth Soccer (USYS). This includes but is not limited to the following:
- All sanctioned leagues and tournament play (if your club runs a league)
- In-Person Team or Individual Practices/Trainings
- All tryouts, camps or clinics
- In-person organizational meetings or educational sessions
- Friendly games or scrimmages
- Until the prohibition is lifted, KSYSA will NOT be sanctioning any soccer related activities during this period.
- By not being sanctioned, any club, team, league or organization hosting any soccer related activity will do so without insurance coverage.
As for information on future programs and events that KSYSA has scheduled for Spring 2020 here are a few more details on that matter.
- As of March 31, 2020, US Youth Soccer made the difficult decision to cancel the President Cup and National Championship Series events at the Regional and National level only. That official announcement and reasoning behind it can be found by clicking here.
- The KSYSA Board of Directors and Staff decided that the Kansas State Tournaments (State Cup, Presidents Cup, & Jr. State Cup) will be CANCELLED for Spring 2020.
With the acknowledgement that we’re facing the unknown and we may not be able to play spring soccer. We ask for patience as we all try to comprehend the impact of this unprecedented pandemic. Please continue to take all advisements and instructions from local/national health agencies to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Please note that every area in Kansas is different during this situation and we advise all clubs to follow all City and County directives should they be issued for your area and may extend longer than what USYS & KSYSA mandate states as we battle this virus together.
Financial Resources to Clubs, Associations, and Leagues
Official letter on Cancellation of State Tournament Events
April 24, 2020 - COVID-19 Update
Executive Director Statement on Moving Forward after Covid-19
April 3, 2020 - COVID-19 Update
March 23, 2020 - COVID-19 Update
March 12, 2020 - COVID-19 Update
If you wish to stay informed of any US Government travel advisories, we invite you to review current US State Department Travel Advisories here:
You can find CDC Travel Health Notices here:
Additional information on the Coronavirus and travel can be found at:
CDC Coronavirus FAQ Sheet
CDC Travel information
Recommendations from the FISA Sports Medicine Commission Coronavirus (02/27/2020)
Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins CSSE