~2013-2014 Kansas State Cup ~
~US Youth Soccer National Championships~
National Championship Rules & Information
State Cup is designed for U13 to U19 boys and girls teams who compete for a chance to advance to Region II competitions in the summer of each year.
U15-U18 Girls play in the fall
U13 and U14 boys and girls - U15 to U18 Boys and U19 Boys and Girls play in the spring
- Registration and Fees
- Bond Fees Due
- Hotels (see below for a list of approved hotels)
- Rosters (see below for roster requirement information)
- Coaches Requirements (see below for concussion requirement)
Teams Coming from out of town MUST stay in one of the approved tournament hotels
- Embassy Suites (College & I435): (913) 649-7060 Identify Ks Cup
- Doubletree Hotel (College & I69): (913) 451-6100 Identify Ks Cup
- Fairfield Inn & Springhill Suites (I69 & Blue Valley Pkwy): (913) 491-4444 Identify Ks Cup
TEAM CHECK IN
- Tournament check in will be held during the week of May 19th for local teams
- Out of town teams may check in one hour prior to their assigned first game time
- A sign up for a time slot will be required for ALL teams. A sign up link will be sent to team managers in the first week of May.
- Please DO NOT ask to be checked in at another time than the ones listed on the sign up link.
Materials to bring to Check In
- A copy of an approved USYSA Kansas State Roster
- A copy of a previous roster from either League Play, MRL OR another copy of your USYSA Kansas State Roster dated at the beginning of the seasonal year (August or March)
- USYSA approved player cards for each player with any previous tournament stickers removed AND ALL PLAYERS dates of birth verified, as noted on the cards by the words "verified" next to their date of birth.
- Notarized Medical Release Forms
- Alliance for All Team Sportsmanship Forms Completed
- Hotel form for teasm outside of the KC Metro area
- **Please bring all cards and medical forms organized in alphabetical order by player last name.
TEAMS ADVANCING TO REGIONAL PLAY:
Region II: Dayton, Ohio June 20-25
Nationals: Germantown, Maryland July 20-27
At the conclusion of a Championship match, teams should proceed immediately to the medal ceremony. Teams moving on to the Region II competitions, should report to the tournament headquarters for further instructions and will be expected to remit a $600 payment for the Regional competition at that time or risk forfeiture to the Finalist team. If a team knows ahead of time that they will NOT wish to advance to the Regional competition if they win, they should let us know no later than May23rd. If a team that has notified us of this does win we will award the Regional advancement to the Finalist team. Teams refusing to attend the Regional competition after the May 23rd date will be subject to Regional fines of $3000 or more to cover State and Regional expenses.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
COACHES LICENSURE & CONCUSSION REQUIREMENTS
- All coaches standing on the sidelines MUST have a minimum of a "D" Coaching License. If you have questions please contact Mark Sheldon email@example.com
- ALL COACHES are required to complete a Concussion Management Certification in order to participate in the State Tournament and must provide proof to the State Association at the time of team check in that this requirement has been fulfilled.
Coaches should go to the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS). It is free of charge. The NFHS requires a user to login but allows for tracking of progress and allows users to log in and print their certification should they require a new certificate.
RAIN & COMMUNICATIONS WITH TEAMS
In the event of inclement weather, we will notify you via one of three different methods. PLEASE BE SURE at least one person on your team has signed up for BOTH of the items below so you don't miss a message from us. The third place you'll find updates is on our website.
2. Log into your Team Got Soccer Account (be sure it's the team account for the State and not your team's personal account - and make sure at least one person has a cell phone listed to receive text messages and/or emails in Got Soccer.
3. Our Public Rainout Phone line is 765-325-7972
STATE CUP TOURNAMENT SPONSORS ~ THANK YOU!!