~KANSAS YOUTH SOCCER ASSOCIATION~
2014 PRESIDENT'S CUP
Presidents Cup Rules & Additional Information
The US Youth Soccer Presidents Cup is designed for those teams seeking additional challenges to play against teams of similar abilities for a national title. The cup provides a progressive, competitive experience to teams that might not otherwise get the opportunity to participate in a state to regional to national level of US Youth Soccer. This tournament is different from State Cup, but does provide an important path especially for high school aged groups to regional and national competitions that provide players with important regional and national playing exposure, particularly for those players wishing to play at the college level.
Regional qualifiers will determine the teams competing in the US Youth Soccer National Presidents Cup in mid-July and feature boys and girls teams in the Under-13 through Under-17 age groups.
Since the inaugural event in 2011, many of our teams have competed Regionally & Nationally:
U14 Boys - Azteca SC (Region II Champions; National Runner-Up)
U15 Boys - FC Porto (Region II Champions; National Runner-up)
U15 Girls - KC Fusion-Cummings (Region II Champions; National Champions)
U15 Boys - KCSC Gold (Region II Champions; National Championships)
U16 Boys - FC Porto (Region II Champions; National Championships)
U17 Boys - KCSC Blackstars; Salina Speed (Runner-up; Wild Card at Region II Presidents Cup)
U17 Girls - Kansas Rush Nike Gray (Region II Finalist)
U17 Boys - Toca FC (Region II Champions; National Championships Participant)
CLICK HERE For More information on
Teams coming from out of town MUST stay in one of the approved tournament hotels
- Registration and Fees
- Bond Fees Due
- Hotels (see below for links to approved hotels)
- Rosters (see below for roster requirement information)
- Coaches Requirements (see below for required concussion management certification)
- Embassy Suites off of College and I435: (913) 649-7060 Please CLICK HERE to make reservations at the Embassy Suites
- Doubletree Hotel off of College and I69: (913 451-6100 Please CLICK HERE to make reservations at the Doubletree Hotel
- Fairfield Inn & Springhill Suites off of I69 and Blue Valley Parkway: (913) 491-4444 Please CLICK HERE to make reservations at the Springhill or Fairfield Inn Suites by Marriott
Team Check In
- Tournament check in will be held during the week of May 19th for local teams.
- Out of town teams may check in one hour prior to their assigned first game time.
- A sign up for a time slot will be required for all teams. A sign up link will be sent to team managers in the first part of May.
- Please DO NOT ask to be checked in at another time other than the ones listed
Materials to Bring to check in:
- A copy of an approved USYSA Kansas State Roster
- A copy of a previous roster from either the League Play or a USYSA State Roster printed at beginning of seasonal year (August or March)
- USYSA Player Cards for each player with any previous tournament stickers removed AND ALL PLAYERS DATES OF BIRTH VERIFIED as noted on the cards by the words (verified) next to their date of birth
- Notarized Medical Release Forms dated between May 2013 and May 2014
- Alliance for All Team Sportsmanship Form completed
- Hotel Form for teams outside of the Kansas City Area
- **Please bring all cards and medical forms in alphabetical order by player last name.
- ALL coaches must have completed a concussion certification and have it on file with the KSYSA office
Section 2: At least 14 days prior to the qualifying event, rosters teams shall submit a roster with not more than 22 players. The team must have on its roster at that time at least 9 players that were on its roster for a qualifying event. All information must be verified by the appropriate official of the State Association and signed by that official for each level of the National Presidents Cup.
See #2 on Team Materials for Check In.
Coaches in the Presidents Cup event are not required to fulfill any licensure certifications but it is highly recommended that they have a "D" license
Coaches are REQUIRED to complete a Concussion Management Course and present a certification of proof of completion at team check in to State Officials. Coaches should go to the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS). This program is free of charge. The NFHS requires a user to login but allows for tracking of progress and allows users to log in and print their certification should they require a new certificate.
Regional Cup: Overland Park, Kansas June 12-15 2014
Winning teams in the State Presidents Cup will advance to the Regional Presidents Cup. Region II States competing in Regional play will come from Iowa, Nebraska, Missouri, Michigan, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio South and Ohio North, Indiana, Kentucky, Minnesota. Teams wining at the Regional level will move on to the National Presidents Cup, July 10-13 in Greenville, South Carolina.
If you are a winning team at the State level: At the conclusion of a Championship match, teams should proceed immediately to the medal ceremony. Teams moving on to the Region II competitions, should report to the tournament tent for further instructions and will be expected to remit a $300 payment for the Regional competition at that time or risk forfeiture to the Finalist team. If a team knows ahead of time that they will NOT wish to advance to the Regional competition if they win, they should let us know no later than Friday May 23rd. If a team that has notified us of this does win we will award the Regional advancement to the Finalist team. Teams refusing to attend the Regional competition after the May 23rd date will be subject to fines of $3000 or more to cover State and Regional expenses.
Rain & Weather Information
We will not respond to emails regarding weather delays.
In the event of inclement weather, we will notify you via one of three different methods. PLEASE BE SURE at least one person on your team has signed up so you don't miss a message from us. The third method will be via our webpage.
I. On your cell phone text the keyword: PRESCUP14 to 84483 this will register you to receive text messages via our Rainedout system ~ You can also go to this link: https://www.rainedout.net/team_page.php?a=477a6ef3bdd2694819f2
II. Log into your Team Got Soccer Account (be sure it's the team account for the State and not your team's personal account - and make sure at least one person has a cell phone listed to receive text messages and/or emails in Got Soccer.
III. Our public rain out line is 765-325-7972