This page will post ALL relevant information for the Kansas ODP Winter Festival Event.
Please refer to this page for up-to-date information on the event.
Check back frequently as changes/updates will be made as necessary.
Dates: February 16-17, 2013
Where: Overland Park Soccer Complex (13700 Switzer Road, Overland Park, KS 66221) - CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE OP Soccer Complex
Fee: For Kansas ODP State Pool Players - INCLUDED IN PHASE 2 - STATE POOL FEES.
For ALL other State ODP Teams - $325 per team
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER YOUR TEAM (non-Kansas).
Hotels: DEADLINE TO INSURE BLOCK RATES AT EACH HOTEL - JANUARY 23, 2013.
The following hotel blocks have been reserved for each State ODP teams using GCI Team Travel's online reservation system.
It is important to MAKE RESERVATIONS that have been ASSIGNED FOR YOUR STATE ODP.
1. Please click on the link to their online reservation site - https://www.gciteamtravel.com/index.aspx
2. Enter your assigned 'Request ID' and Password (list below)
3. Enter information and click 'add name' button
- Kansas ODP at Hampton Inn (request id - 6441; password - ODP)
- Missouri ODP at Doubletree (request id - 6440; password - ODP); once rooms are booked for the primary hotel - overflow reservations at the Courtyard - Metcalf (request id - 6444; password - ODP)
- Iowa ODP at Embassy Suites (request id - 6439; password - ODP); once rooms are booked for the primary hotel - overflow reservations at the Courtyard - Metcalf (request id - 6444; password - ODP)
- Nebraska ODP at Marriott (request id - 6443; password - ODP); once rooms are booked for the primary hotel - overflow reservations at the Hampton (request id - 6441; password - ODP)
Schedules: CLICK HERE (PDF) - FINAL (LAST UPDATED ON 2/8/13)
*Kansas ODP players need to ARRIVE at the fields 45 minutes prior to their FIRST GAME. Coaches will then communicate arrival for future games which may be different.
Gear/Uniforms (for Kansas ODP Players):
Please bring BOTH T-shirts you received at the tryouts/trainings thus far - BLUE/WHITE
Black soccer shorts (preferrably Adidas)
White soccer socks
Shin guards and any other necessary equipment to play
Shoes - Outdoor synthetic turf surface.
Guidelines/Expectations for Players/Parents at ODP Events:
First and foremost, remember that it is a privilege to represent your state. You are to conduct yourself in a respectful manner at all times and not bring discredit upon yourself, your family, and this program.
Remember that you are being evaluated and watched both ON and OFF the field, by ALL of our staff.
*ODP Motto “EARLY is on time; On time is late.” Be where you need to be 5-10 minutes early to insure you are not late. Be responsible for yourself.
A Parent's Role:
*Help your child get to games, trainings, and all events ON TIME.
*Make sure your child eats well, drinks lots of water, and brings healthy snacks.
*Make sure shirts, socks, shorts, etc. get laundered if needed.
*Be aware of our ODP rules and help make sure that YOUR CHILD follows those - they are being evaluated both on and off the field.
*Parents are NOT to visit with coaches about their child's play or the game. Any questions that you may have must go through the age group administrator and/or the Director of Coaching – Mark Sheldon.
*Encourage your child to talk to their coaches and ask for feedback about their play. It is the PLAYER'S responsibility to ask NOT the parent.
*Do not criticize on the sidelines. We want to hear only encouraging words.
*BE A FAN AND ENJOY WATCHING SOME GREAT SOCCER!!!!!