Executive Director | Kansas State Youth Soccer Association
· Manages the KSYSA State Office, all employees and contract labor individuals.
· Administers Directives from the KSYSA Board of Directors.
· Develops and oversees the KSYSA Business Plan
· Implements policies as directed by the KSYSA Board of Directors.
· Administers programs and tournament event development.
· Responsible for all budgets of the KSYSA.
· Handles all legal matters, grievances, mediations, leagues issues, insurance issues
and regional/national matters on behalf of KSYSA.
· Serves as a point of contact or ex officio on all KSYSA Board appointed committees
· Serves as a point of contact at Regional and National events and meetings.
Reports to the President of the KSYSA Board of Directors
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage/Supervise: Direct authority for hiring, terminating, managing, and
supervising the staff of KSYSA. The Executive Director will develop a staff of full time
and part time employees who will be incorporated into present and future operations of
the KSYSA. The Executive Director will be responsible for updating the HR policy manual
for board approval. The Executive Director will be responsible for the development of
training sessions and update personnel on skills needed to maintain and increase the
quality and quantity of KSYSA operations.
· Reviews/Evaluations: The Executive Director will develop an appraisal system for
the personnel of the KSYSA office so that all can be evaluated on performance and
· Administers Directives: Administers directives from the KSYSA President and
Board of Directors on the day to day operations of KSYSA.
· KSYSA Business Plan:Develops and oversees the KSYSA Business Plan as well as
solicits sponsors for corporate business.
· Implementation of Policies: The Executive Director is responsible for
implementing changes needed to address the growth of the game in Kansas that is
established by the KSYSA Board of Directors.
· Program Development: As identified by the President of KSYSA and/or the KSYSA
Board of Directors.
· Special Events: The Executive Director agrees to assist, head up, special events
such as the KSYSA Annual General Meeting or as specifically requested or required by
the President of KSYSA.
· Budget Development: In association with the KSYSA Treasurer, includes
developing an annual budget, implementation of the budget and monitoring of all
monies throughout the year.
· Membership Development: The Executive Director is directly responsible for the
development and service to the membership of KSYSA. The Executive Director is
responsible for implementing changes needed to address the growth of the game in
· League/Member Assistance: Serve as primary contact for league officials with
regard to matters in which assistance of the KSYSA is needed or required. Attend, from
time to time, league meetings as requested, assist with the formation of new leagues,
serve as the direct link on interpreting KSYSA and/or league & club rules, guidelines
and bylaws. Assist leagues in questions of discipline, risk management, coach and/or
· Marketing/PR Development (Sponsorship): The Executive Director will be
directly responsible for the development of all marketing and PR operations for KSYSA
to identify grant programs and file appropriate applications.
· Regional/National Events/Meetings: The Executive Director serves as the point
of contact for Kansas State Youth Soccer Association at Regional/National
· Risk Management Chair:Acts as point of contact liaison for risk management with
US Youth Soccer and USSF.
Bachelor’s degree in related field, Master’s preferred
Experience in leading and managing a non-profit organization strongly preferred
Knowledge of and experience in constructing and implementing strategic plans
Proven record of effectively constructing and effectively managing budgets
High level written and oral skills
Strong leadership and management skills
Please send a cover letter, resume and list of five references via email
Paper copies may be sent to:
Kansas State Youth Soccer Association
C/O Executive Director Search Committee
2043 Lori Lane
Wichita, KS 67207
Resumes (physical and e-mail) must be received no later than 4:30pm August 29th, 2013.
No Calls please.