KSYSA is seeking a full-time Director of Coaching. This position manages and is responsible for the coaching and player development areas for KSYSA. The Director of Coaching is responsible for conducting the coaching and player development programs throughout the state. Assists with club development and community outreach.
- Must possess a current USSF A or B* License.
- Must possess a current USSF Grassroots Instructors License** (or currently enrolled in the license).
- Be in good standing with US Soccer and KSYSA.
- Must have five or more years of experience in soccer coaching and training.
- Three or more years experience in a supervisory position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
*If the perspective applicant currently has a B License they must be enrolled in an A License course within 12 months of employment with KSYSA.
** If the perspective applicant currently does not have a USSF Grassroots Instructors License, he/she must enroll in the course within 12 months of employment with KSYSA.
- Proficiency with the USSF Digital Coaching Center/ U.S Soccer Learning Center.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Access, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, PDF Editor).
- Knowledge of general office machines and telephone systems.
- Experience in managing data.
Reports directly to the KSYSA Executive Director.
This is a full-time position with compensatory benefits and incentives.
Primary Job Responsibilities Coaching Education:
- Develop, review, administer, and implement State Coaching Education Courses consistent with the philosophies and intent of U.S. Soccer and US Youth Soccer.
- Recruit, select, assign, observe, develop, train, evaluate, and mentor qualified State Instructional Staff for coaching education courses.
- Develop added material (teaching and training aids) for instructors and candidates attending KSYSA coaching courses.
- Adhere to the National criteria for the successful completion of all courses offered by KSYSA.
- Promote attendance, advertise, and coordinate all State level coaching courses as the chief coordinator and licensing agent.
- Develop and manage Coaching Education budget with oversight from the Executive Director.
- At a minimum of every three (3) years, promote and arrange at least one USSF National “C” course in Kansas.
- Responsible for the development of KSYSA educational materials, KSYSA coaching manuals, KSYSA coaching resources, etc.
Primary Job Responsibilities Olympic Development Program (ODP):
- Responsible for the development and promotion of the boys and girls Olympic Development Program.
- Oversees the selection of the ODP coaching staff – recruit, select, assign, observe, develop, train, evaluate, and mentor coaching staff.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of all curriculum according to appropriate age level.
- Attend ODP training events.
- Attend ODP tournaments.
- Attend ODP camps.
- Develop and manage ODP budget with oversight from the Executive Director.
Primary Job Responsibilities Miscellaneous:
- Attend and assist in planning KSYSA State Tournaments (State Cup, Junior State Cup, and Presidents Cup).
- Attend and participate at KSYSA Board meetings and the KSYSA AGM when requested and work with the Executive Director and/or the Executive Board in developing coaching seminars/workshops for the state coaching staff and instructors, KSYSA registered member coaches, and other interested parties.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Executive Director and/or the Executive Board.
How to Apply:
Any interested candidate must submit a cover letter, resume and wage requirements to Joel Dragan, KSYSA Executive Director. Materials should be submitted to Joel Dragan by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mail (KSYSA c/o Joel Dragan, 10529 South Warwick St. Olathe, KS 66061). No phone calls please.
KSYSA Director of Coaching Job Description PDF version