The purpose of Kansas Youth Soccer is to promote, foster, and perpetuate the game of soccer throughout the State of Kansas. Our goal is to make sure kids who want to play the game have that opportunity and can do so in a safe and fun environment. As a member of Kansas Youth Soccer, your organization can help support that goal and make it a reality.
When becoming a member of Kansas Youth Soccer, you are also automatically a member of US Youth Soccer (USYSA) and the United States Soccer Federation (USSF) as well. Kansas Youth Soccer and all of our members receive benefits from and meet the requirements of these organizations. US Youth Soccer and U.S. Soccer help Kansas Youth Soccer to provide the best soccer experience for our members in the state of Kansas.
US Soccer Federation
The governing body of soccer, in all of it's forms (Except High School & Collegiate) in the United States, the US Soccer Federation (USSF) has played an integral part in charting the course for soccer in the United States for over 100 years. During that time, the USSF's Mission Statement has been very simple and clear: To make soccer, in all forms, a preeminent sport in the United States and to continue the development of soccer at all recreational, competitive and professional levels.
US Youth Soccer
Founded in 1974 with approximately only 100,000 registered players, the United States Youth Soccer Association (US Youth Soccer) is the youth affiliate and largest member of US Soccer with more than 3,000,000 players between the ages of five and nineteen. US Youth Soccer includes 55 State Associations, one per state with the exception of California, Texas, New York, Ohio and Pennsylvania which due to size have two associations. US Youth Soccer mission is a non-profit and educational organization whose mission is to make soccer the preeminent youth sport in the United States.
How to Apply for Membership to Kansas Youth Soccer
When considering prospective organization desiring to become a member (League, Registrar, Club or Community) must be approved by the KSYSA Board of Directors. All members of KSYSA must be domiciled and operating within KSYSA territory and are in good standing with KSYSA and the USSF and USYS. Application for membership must be made in writing by the duly authorized agent of the applicant and must be sent to the KSYSA state office, which shall process the application and send all information to the Membership Committee for review.
- The prospective member must provide proof that their organization is a recognized entity with the State of Kansas. Acceptable forms of proof will include the following (with the prospective member’s organization name listed):
- Tax ID Documentation
- State/Federal Tax Returns, if applicable
- Business license, if applicable
- Other official government documentation relating to the transaction of business
- The prospective member must provide the applicants constitution, bylaw, playing rules, policies and procedures to be reviewed. The Membership Committee shall have the power to reject them until properly written, and any subsequent changes or additions to such duly approved rules, regulations and bylaws must be submitted to and approved by the Membership Committee before their effective date.
- The prospective member must have five (5) different and distinct Board Members and provide their name, position, address, email & phone numbers. If positions are vacant please indicate so.
- The prospective member must include an initial application fee of $250.00 via check made payable to KSYSA. If membership is refused, this fee will be returned.
- The prospective member must attend at least one (1) registrar training (live or via conference call) with the KSYSA State Office (confirmed by the KSYSA State Office).
- The prospective member must provide the Membership Committee proof of a timely payment history in the form soccer related paid bills from the previous 12 months (4 separate bills showing due date and paid date).
- The prospective member shall provide an equal opportunity to all soccer players, coaches, trainers, managers, administrators and officials, without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex or national origin to participate.
- The prospective member or any individual within the prospective member may not have been subject to disciplinary action within the last twelve months from the date of the application.
- The prospective member must be in good standing with KSYSA.
Provisional approval may be granted by the Membership Committee to eligible candidates, however, formal approval for membership is subject to acceptance by a two-thirds majority vote of the KSYSA Board of Directors and two-thirds majority vote of the members of KSYSA.
Prior to a decision to accept or reject an applicant, notice shall be given to all leagues in the district. Each league shall be given a reasonable chance to voice its opinion on any potential member.
Each organization desiring to become a Member must be approved by the KSYSA Board of Directors. Application for membership must be made in writing by the duly authorized agent of the applicant and must be sent to the KSYSA state office, which shall process the application.
Initial Membership application packet
The Membership Application Packet & Information documents can be submitted online to Phil Gomez, Director of Membership & Marketing, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or applicants may send their entire membership packet and info via mail to the KSYSA State Office at the following address.
Kansas Youth Soccer
10529 South Warwick St
Olathe, KS 66061
Initial membership applications have no deadline requirement and is open throughout the seasonal year.
How to Renew your Membership with Kansas Youth Soccer
When determining the eligibility of existing League Members, Registrar Members, Club Members, or Community Members the Membership Committee will confirm:
- The existing member has all current fees paid to KSYSA.
- The existing member meets the criteria for their specific type of membership as outlined in types of membership with KSYSA.
- The existing member has five (5) different and distinct Board Members and provide their name, position, address, email & phone numbers. If positions are vacant please indicate so.
- All coaches, club administrators, and board members must meet KSYSA Risk Management guidelines & SafeSport Training.
- Members shall renew each year via the Membership Renewal Packet with annual affiliation fee of $25.00 (established by the KSYSA Board of Directors) that shall be sent via check or paid electronically along with packet to the State office by June 15th and shall be delinquent by July 15th of each year.
- The failure of any member to pay annual affiliation fee on or before July 15 of each year may cause immediate forfeiture of membership without legislative formality and will result in a loss of access to the State Registration system.
- Each member shall, within three (3) months of its annual general meeting, submit to the KSYSA state office copies of any changes in its constitution, bylaw, playing rules, policies and procedures.
Renewal MEMBERSHIP PACKET
The Membership Application Packet & Information documents can be submitted online to Carrie Douglas, Membership Manager, at email@example.com. Or returning members may send their renewal packet, payment and other info via mail to the KSYSA State Office at the following address.
Kansas Youth Soccer
10529 South Warwick St
Olathe, KS 66061
Renewal membership packets MUST BE FULLY COMPLETED & SUBMITTED WITH PAYMENT by July 15th every year. Failure for any member to pay annual dues on or before July 15th may cause immediate forfeiture of membership without legislative formality and will result in a loss of access to the state registration system.
If you have questions about the affiliate process, please contact:
913-782-6434 x 202