competitive tryout details
Player Identification Events Timeline
- January 1st, 2022 – KSYSA Clubs/Teams may begin to advertise tryout dates and locations.
- January 1st, 2022 – KSYSA Clubs/Teams may begin advertising for certain events, such as Player Identification Events, Camps, Player Kick Arounds, etc. (“Events”).
- January 1st, 2022 – Events can be held only after proper advertising.
SIGNING DAY - SIGNING PLAYERS WITH OR WITHOUT TRYOUT
- Players can sign with a club starting at 12:01am for Players U12 and below on June 10th, 2022, without going to a tryout.
- Players can sign with a club starting at 12:01am for Players U13 and above on June 11th, 2022, without going to a tryout
- Friday, June 10th, 2022 – Physical Tryouts may begin for age groups for U12 and below
- Saturday, June 11th, 2022 – Physical Tryouts may begin for age groups for U13 and above
Players shall have 72 hours from the time of their commitment to a team to rescind their commitment without penalty, financial or otherwise. Players who rescind will receive a full refund of their deposit if done within 72 hours.
Hosting Player Identification Events Criteria
RULES FOR HOLDING EVENTS FOR THE 2022/2023 SEASONAL YEAR:
- Events are only allowed for age groups playing U13 or above (11 v 11 Soccer) 2022/23 Birth Years – 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010.
- Events must be advertised for a minimum of 14 days prior to the Event on Social Media, Club Websites, etc. Proof of advertising may be required.
- Separate Registration/Attendance must be taken for each Event.
- The Event must be open to any player wishing to attend and participation age groups must be listed on advertisement.
- Individual player invitations, targeted recruiting or direct marketing to specific individual players are strictly prohibited.
- Under no circumstances may a player commit in writing or financially with any team as a result of these Events until the Signing Days as set forth herein.
See the links to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) documents below as a reference for more specific questions that you may have.
kansas youth soccer rules
Formal Acceptance: Once a player has made a formal acceptance (written or electronic signature) to an offer from a club or team, they are bound to that club/team for the seasonal year until the next Signing Day the following seasonal year, UNLESS a Release Transfer Request is submitted and approved by all parties involved.
- A player shall have 72 Hours from the date of their acceptance in which to rescind their commitment to the club/team and change their mind without penalty, financial or otherwise. No form is required just document proper dates in case of appeal or protest from the club.
Please contact any clubs for more details on tryouts and registration processes as they are all different between clubs.
FIND A CLUB NEAR YOU
Questions? Please email the following contacts below.