DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, TRYOUT DATES AND INFORMATION DETAILED IN OUR RULES HAVE BEEN AMENDED FOR THE SUMMER OF 2021.
competitive tryout details
With the feedback we received form Directors of Coaching and Club Administrators about the procedure for conducting tryouts and player commitments to teams for the 2020/2021 playing season and with Covid-19 still being an issue, we have revisited our tryout rules again. We have also took into consideration the changing landscape of youth soccer, and wanted to put KSYSA members in competitive position with other clubs that play outside KSYSA.
That being said, we believe we have come up with a way that will allow clubs, teams, and players to prepare for the new season in a way that allows the clubs to plan, teams to be formed, and gives the players/families the right to do what they feel is in their best interest.
February 1, 2021
- KSYSA Members/Competitive Teams may begin to advertise tryout dates and locations.
- KSYSA Members/Competitive Teams may begin to advertise for certain events, such as Player Identification Events, Camps, Kick-A-Rounds, etc ("Events").
February 14, 2021
- "Events" can be held only after proper advertising and registration (See below criteria for Events).
Hosting Player Identification Events Criteria
Rules for holding "Events" for the 2021/2022 Seasonal Year:
- Events are only allowed for age groups playing U13 or above (11 v 11 Soccer)
- 2021/22 Age Group Birth Years – 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009.
- Events must be advertised for a minimum of 14 days prior to the Event on Social Media, Club Websites, etc. Proof of advertising may be required.
- Separate Registration/Attendance must be taken for each Event.
- The Event must be open to any player wishing to attend and participation age groups must be listed on advertisement.
- Individual player invitations, targeted recruiting or direct marketing to specific individual players are strictly prohibited.
- Under no circumstances can a player be offered a spot on any team as a result of these Events until the dates set forth herein.
May 15, 2021
- KSYSA Members/Competitive/Premier Teams can officially open up registration for Tryouts
- Competitive/Premier Players may do the following:
- May declare to their currently registered existing team whether or not they are returning to their team for the upcoming seasonal year and may place a deposit securing their spot with their current Competitive/Premier team without going through the physical tryout process.
- May register for tryouts if they are seeking an opportunity to look at other KSYSA Members/Competitive/Premier Teams. If a Competitive/Premier player registers for a tryout outside of their currently registered team, they should NOT commit or put down a deposit with their current team.
June 8, 2021
- Tryouts for all competitive age groups may begin on June 8th.
- A KSYSA Member/Competitive/Premier Team CANNOT sign or take a deposit from a Competitive/Premier Player that is currently registered anywhere other than their existing team prior to June 8th.
- A KSYSA Member/Competitive/Premier Team CANNOT sign or take a deposit from any recreational player until after tryouts starting June 8th.
July 16, 2021
- Players shall remain free agents until July 16th or until a formal acceptance is made to an offer from a KSYSA Member/Competitive/Premier Team.
For purposes of these rules, a Competitive/Premier Team is a team that holds tryouts or any like process to roster players selectively to any team based on talent or ability and is not a recreational or soccer academy team. A Competitive/Premier Player is player who has been registered/carded with a Competitive/Premier team.
For purposes of these rules, a Recreational Player is any player that has never been carded as a Competitive/Premier player. If your club has an “Academy Program” Those players are considered recreational players unless they have been registered/carded with a Competitive/Premier team and have paid the KSYSA Competitive/Premier player card fees.
See the links to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) documents below as a reference for more specific questions that you may have.
kansas youth soccer rules
Formal Acceptance: Once a player has made a formal acceptance (written or electronic signature) to an offer from a club or team, they are bound to that club/team for the seasonal year until the next free agency period begins the following seasonal year, UNLESS a Release Transfer Request is submitted and approved by all parties involved.
- A player shall have TEN (10) DAYS from the date of their acceptance in which to rescind their commitment to the club/team and change their mind without penalty, financial or otherwise. No form is required just document proper dates in case of appeal or protest from the club.
Free Agency Period: Amended for Summer of 2021 due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Please contact any clubs for more details on tryouts and registration processes as they are all different between clubs.
FIND A CLUB NEAR YOU
Questions? Please email the following contacts below.