What is Soccer Across America?
Soccer Across America (formerly known as Soccer Start) is designed to introduce the sport of soccer to youngsters living in communities not yet served by existing clubs and leagues. Focused on making soccer available to lower-income children in underserved communities, Soccer Across America provides soccer training and administrative guidance to players and organizations who might otherwise not be exposed to the sport. Soccer Across America also helps new programs find the funding and equipment to begin and then to expand their activities. In the past several years, US Youth Soccer has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars in financial and material support to programs across the United States.
The Need for Soccer Across America
Soccer is the fastest growing sport in the United States. It has reached into communities from coast to coast and from north to south. Yet, soccer has not always served inner city and rural communities and all economic and ethnic groups. In order to insure that every child has the opportunity to play our beautiful game, US Youth Soccer founded the Soccer Across America program.
GOALS OF SOCCER ACROSS AMERICA
- To reach out to children in un-served and under served communities to offer them an ongoing program of positive sports activities through soccer.
- To increase self esteem of youngsters through participation in an organized and supportive program of team activities.
- To build positive social and life skills.
- To provide important exercise and increase awareness of one’s own health through sports.
- To provide the players with positive, cooperative and enjoyable activities