Competitive Tryout Details
Player Identification Events Timeline
- January 1st, 2024 – KSYSA Clubs/Teams may begin to advertise tryout dates and locations
- January 1st, 2024 – KSYSA Clubs/Teams may begin advertising for certain events, such as Player Identification Events, Camps, Player Kick Arounds
- January 1st, 2024 – Events can be held only after proper advertising
Signing Day – Signing Players With or Without Tryout
- Players can sign with a club starting at 12:01am for Players U12 and below on June 7th, 2024, without going to a tryout
- Players can sign with a club starting at 12:01am for Players U13 and above on June 8th, 2024, without going to a tryout
- Friday, June 7th, 2024 – Physical tryouts may begin for age groups U12 and below
- Saturday, June 8th, 2024 – Physical tryouts may begin for age groups U13 and above
Players shall have 72 hours from the time of their commitment to a team to rescind their commitment without penalty, financial or otherwise. Players who rescind will receive a full refund of their deposit if done within 72 hours.
Hosing Player Identification Events Criteria
Rules for Holding Events for the 2024/2025 Seasonal Year:
- Events are only allowed for age groups playing U13 or above (11 v 11 Soccer) 2023/24 Birth Years – 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.
- Events must be advertised for a minimum of 14 days prior to the event on social media, club websites, etc. Proof of advertising may be required.
- Separate registration/attendance must be taken for each event.
- The event must be open to any player wishing to attend and participation age groups must be listed on advertisement.
- Individual player invitations, targeted recruiting or direct marketing to specific individual players are strictly prohibited.
- Under no circumstances may a player commit in writing or financially with any team as a result of these events until the signing day as set forth herein.
To find the full version and more detailed information on the 2024-2025 KSYSA Tryout Rules please click the button below
See the links to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) documents below as a reference for more specific questions that you may have
Kansas Youth Soccer Rules
Formal Acceptance: Once a player has made a formal acceptance (written or electronic signature) to an offer from a club or team, they are bound to that club/team for the seasonal year until the next Signing Day the following seasonal year, UNLESS a release transfer request is submitted and approved by all parties involved.
- A player shall have 72 hours from the date of their acceptance in which to rescind their commitment to the club/team and change their mind without penalty, financial or otherwise. No form is required just document proper dates in case of appeal or protest from the club.